This is an exercise about exploring the not-self (read: alter-ego).
– Access to costumes or props
– smartphone or camera
- spent 2 minutes Gathering two looks with props
- spend 8 minutes taking photos of yourself posing with these objects
- spend 2 minutes reviewing the photos and pick 2 for “submission”
- in this case submission might be a step you take further, like a printed gallery or a social media post, or just an opportunity to use your editing eye and say if I were to show anyone these photos I would pick the best and would be it.
this exercise is inspired by Cindy Sherman. her self-portraits channel stereotype and archetype to create a sense of a character and a story with a look.