this is an exercise about generating content for comics.
-Pen or pencil
– blank paper
- prepare paper
- make nine sections by folding paper horizontally and vertically into thirds
- create an outline using the diagram as an example
- use the following prompts to generate 5 lines of dialogue (or create your own prompts!)
- Something you would say to your younger sibling
- Something you would say when someone showed you something very precious to them
- Something you would say as a scientist in an experiment to one off the human test subjects
- Something you would say to a friend who is acting offended by something you just said
- Something you would say on a first date.
- pick your favorite and draw character that says the line
- cut out all dialogue and interchange for amusement
this is an exercise inspired by Marjane Satrapi. in her graphic novels, she uses the stories from her own life.