This exercise is about cultivating imagination using theater elements, such as costume and props.
– lined paper
– pen or a pencil
– Access to costumes/ props
- set a timer for 5 minutes
- gather costume elements and or props for 3 looks ( read: characters) (5min)
- set another timer for 5 minutes
- write notes on what the characters attributes are. (5min) Consider:
- place of origin
- What Do they want?
- record video or present to group
this is an exercise inspired by Kate McKinnon. She is an actress that stars on the show Saturday Night Live. she is well known for her impersonations of famous figures such as Hillary Clinton, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Kellyanne Conway.